Application for 2023 Case Competition is now Open.
Winning Team - $5,000
Runner Up - $3,000
1st runner up - $1,500
About the Case Competition
In partnership with Georgetown’s McDonough School of Business, and The Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Services, and the McCourt School of Public Policy, the Georgetown Africa Business Conference, is launching our first-ever case challenge that explores how businesses and society can contribute to a prosperous continent. Our conference theme aims to inspire attendees to join the movement in harnessing opportunities for a prosperous Africa. The case challenge calls on students to identify and develop out-of-the-box, creative, and innovative solutions across public and private sectors that can unleash Africa’s prowess and realize the vision for prosperity on the continent.
- All students on the team must be a current undergraduate (Bachelors) or postgraduate (Masters or PhD-level) at any university in the world during the 2022/2023 academic year. However, the team leader must be a current graduate student. Students on a team do not have to all come from the same school.
- Students must form a team of 3 to 5 students to participate.
- Teams must appoint a team leadto fill out this registration form.
- If students do not have a team or have less than the minimum of 3 required, and are interested in the competition, please reach out to the case competition lead at firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on a team, or to get an additional team member. In the subject line please put "Case competition".
Why you should join?
|Registration Deadline||March 2nd|
|Case Prompt is Released to registered teams||March 3rd|
|Round 1 Deadline at 5pm EST||April 3rd|
|Evaluation of presentations||April 3rd – April 13th|
|Finalist Announced||April 14th|
|Mentor Sessions & Networking||April 17th – April 21st|
|Presentation at Conference||April 29th|
- Cash Prizes: Prizes will be given to first-place, runner-up, and audience choice winners. Teams can win up to $5000!!!!
- Networking & Mentorship:Teams in Round 1 and the finalist stage will be matched with mentors to help finalize their ideas and will have the opportunity to network with industry leaders, academics, and fellow participants.
- Post Competition Incubation: Best teams have the opportunity to develop their solutions through access to acceleration programs through our partnerships.